Thursday, May 2, 2013

Never, not once in the five and a half years we were together did I wonder if I would be happier with someone else, or alone.  This is kind of a record for me.  My previous "happy" record had been about six months.  With David, I never looked at anyone else and wondered what it might be like.  I never wondered what I was doing here and how the hell might I get out.  I didn't have an exit strategy.  In retrospect I find that extraordinary.  I always have an exit strategy.  I suspect this is monumentaly important.  Maybe not.  But I learned something important.  It is possible to be happy with another person.  Really happy.  That had never really occured to me as an option before.  Small gifts, great wonders. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this and completely understand the awe and wonder of it. - Lisa

    ReplyDelete