Wednesday, May 22, 2013

If I can stay in the present moment life is beautiful.  All my pain comes from remembering the past or fearing the future.  Simple concept, hard to implement.  We hear it all the time right?  But it's true.  It's really and truly True. 

I sat on the deck this morning with tears and coffee.  A common enough occurrence.  This morning I enjoyed the morning and was grateful for it.  I kept remembering our trip to Thailand and then the week before and day of David's death.  Tears.  Silent gentle tears not ripping sobs, which is a movement forward.  When I felt myself heading into the future I just stopped.  All that does is immobilize me.  Then determined, I got up and took the dog for a walk, practicing being present in the moment.  Sometimes it works. 

No comments:

Post a Comment